So let me get this correct, two major US owned car companies are now going to be, at least, partially owned by the US government. Can anyone please tell me anything that the government has run that they have not run into the ground.
I was asked early today - June 1, 2009 - "Why EXACTLY would you be scared?"
So let me see if I can answer this question.
1) Is it not true that a government that runs industry is a "Socialism" country?
2) The government now has a say in which kind of cars can and can't be made - Supply and Demand are gone.
3) The government now has a say in the materials used to make the product.
4) The government now has a say in where these materials are purchased.
5) The politicians are fighting for "their" district to get the work.
6) The cars are going to meet "government" standards?
Really - when you are part of ever aspect you can set those standard where ever you want.
Here is what really surprises me, when President Bush went to the American people and said that we need to privatize Social Security, give each individual an opportunity to take control of their own financial future people were outraged. But no one has a problem with President Obama governmentizing the auto industry.